Montgomery Canal Triathlon 2021 Postponement

The Committee of the Friends of the Montgomery Canal has taken the difficult decision to postpone the 2021 Triathlon further to now take place on Saturday 4th September.

This is in view of the continued spread of the coronavirus and ongoing uncertainty about Government restrictions which may be in place next Spring.

We realise this further postponement will be disappointing to many. We have had to consider safety risks to those taking part as well as their supporters and the many volunteer helpers who make the Triathlon possible.

Consideration was given to rescheduling to July but the number of aggressive swans protecting cygnets on the canal at this time makes it potentially unsafe for towpath users and canoeists.

Depending on developments in government Covid-19 restrictions, it may be necessary to have an absolute limit on numbers and so, bookings are not being taken at present. We will continue to monitor the situation and follow the latest government advice on mitigation of any coronavirus risks.

Please follow and like us:
Pin Share